Friday, May 1, 2009

.....

I'm interrupting the MYANMAR posts just for a moment.

There are three things I've been meaning to post about and just haven't gotten a round to-it until now. (So glad I found one of those.)

REASON #1 FOR THE INTERRUPTION

Several weeks ago, Aaron mentioned that maybe I would post something about his head. Some have asked, so here you go. He was working near a drilling rig, stood up and hit his head on the drive shaft of the rig. It basically scalped him, but luckily left the skin hanging so the doctor could sew it back on. 10 stitches.


This was the night it happened. It was nasty. But it's much better now. The scabs have all come off and it looks like he might get some hair to grow back in most places. His birthday is coming up, so if anyone feels the need to send hair tonic to the old man, I wouldn't mind. :) NOTE: Aaron now does not leave the office without his hard hat.

REASON #2 FOR THE INTERRUPTION


Last week, Aaron took a mighty step. He took the PE exam (I don't know the official name) to become a real engineer. He was quite nervous going into it, but he came out smiling. We have to wait till June to hear the results. If he passed, he gets his stamp and is a professional engineer. If he didn't pass, he gets to take it again in October. I prefer option one.


REASON #3 FOR THE INTERRUPTION


Just wanted to share a little something that has been keep us very busy this spring. It started as an idea, then bloomed into a garden. It's still a work in progress, but it has been lots of work and lots of fun. Wig, come visit now. We've got lots to irrigate. :)

P.S. Anybody want to guess what we're growing in the picture above?

7 comments:

josh said...

Next time I come to St. George, I am bringing a hard hat for Aaron. That looks nasty. Love the picture of Eliza studying with her dad. I won't make a guess on the plant cause I kind of cheated. Ang, the garden blog is an awesome idea. You are doing good work down there.

Kevin said...

Nice! Reminds me of something I caught on TV earlier this week, about a bull doing something similar to a guy's scalp at a rodeo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITMlD8BtBFk. Money shot's at 2:48 (not for the faint of heart). 240 stitches is nothing to shake a stick at.

Kessa said...

Hi Ang, and Family. Aaron's head looks like it hurts. I added your blog as one of my favorites! :) Hope to see you soon!

Jessica said...

I sure hope that I can get that gross image of Aarons head off my mind - EEWWWW!!

Caitlin said...

Ouch! I'm glad Aaron is recovering.

Hope he hears good news.

And as for the seed, I'm guessing basil?

Angi said...

Poor Aaron! Those pictures looked so bad that I had to show Brent. He enjoyed looking at them. Hope he's doing better now.

The Merk-ster said...

Nope, it's cotton. Check back to watch it grow.