Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Addition to the Family!

Before the news and pictures about the new addition we just have to give a little update about Angela's Parents. You may have heard that there was a Cyclone in Myanmar this weekend. There is kind of a weird situation because not much news is coming out of the country so far so only limited information is known. What we do know from the reports is that coastal areas of the country had up to 70% of the buildings destroyed and 90,000 people are now homeless. In Yangon where Angela's parents are there appears to be much less damage, but still a lot of destruction. We have not heard from them since the storm, but their accommodations are very safe and we are sure they are alright, who knows when communication will be back up. It is a little interesting how the timing has worked out with their schedule. They have been having quite a time trying to get anything but english classes going up to this point in their mission. They have had other plans and other programs to start, but much of those plans have not worked out. They will likely be very busy now and we suspect that they will be a part of any aid the church will be allowed to provide. Our prayers are with Angela's parents and the people of Myanmar.

Now, although selling the 4-runner was fresh on our minds, we have had quite a bit of anticipation for other big events in our lives. One of those big events happened this week, and it was a long time coming, Angela has been very nice to let me be pretty selfish and get something I have wanted for a long time but could just never bring myself to do it because there really is no purpose except for fun. Well, after a long talk about how this is not the beginning of us having toys, which I agree with, I went up to 70+ miles per gallon and added a new member to the family.


We went out in the desert last night

Oh and here is the picture that there have been many requests for, sorry it is not the best picture of either of us, three more weeks and counting.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Who cares about the bike - Angela, you look amazing! You are such a cute pregnant girl (although you might not feel like that right now) - Andrew wants to see a side shot of chuckette (probably to tease me about how I was a million times bigger). We are so excited for you! Does that motorcycle have an attachment to put a carseat on it? I sure hope so - safety first!

josh said...

Ah hah! Now I understand. Looks like too much fun. Ang, still can't believe my little sis is going to be a mom, but you will be a great one.

Melanie said...

Yay! Finally a preggers pictures. You are too cute but I agree, we need a side shot!

Angi said...

I love it! You look great!

Jaime said...

I was excited thinking you guys had had your baby and it was only a bike:) But that is exciting. Ang you look great. So cute. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

Brittany said...

Aaron -- I randomly came across your blog and thought I'd say hi. My little sister is at BYU and just finished the personal finance class so I actually thought of you the other day when I was reminiscing about who I used to sit next to in that class -- it was you! Anyway, I hope you're doing well. It looks like you're now married and soon to be expecting a baby -- so congratulations!

Brittany Richman (Candrian)

Suzie said...

Congrats... it finally came to pass. I remember listening to diliberations for years... thankfully Ang's gestational period will be much shorter. We are excited to hear about the new baby! Hopefully she will come before I go to Samoa.

Wonderland Girl said...

Angela congratulations! (Not on the bike, but I didn't know you were expecting!)

Keep us posted on your parents and we will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

becky said...

Glad I stopped by -- what a darling picture. You guys are adorable and Angela, you look AMAZING! So cute!

Good luck with the new little one.