Sunday, May 11, 2008

Updates

It kind of feels like life is full of updates lately. It also feels like I'm a slacker at providing them. We look for updates every morning on what's happening half way around the world, and I realized today that I should say something about it on here for those who are wondering.

Thanks for those of you who emailed your concern for my parents. They are safe, and thankfully, we are able to get emails from them again. Power was restored to the hotel where they live. Whether it was restored to the whole city or not, I'm unsure. They are a little frustrated about the situation and feeling a little helpless, but that is understandable. Mom has learned a valuable lesson from all this - we have been able to chat back and forth through gmail several times and she learned how to make a smiley face out of a colon and a parenthesis :) A skill no one should be without.

My brother has been much better about blogging the happenings, so for further info I invite you to check out his blog. Just click on the Colorado Merkleys site on the side. (Hope you like the extra traffic, Josh :)

No comments: