Thursday, October 9, 2008

What more could you ask for?

So, yesterday was my birthday. It's strange, some years I want everyone to remember and recognize it, and some years I don't. This year was an "I don't" year. Now, that doesn't mean I didn't want anybody to wish me happy birthday, I just don't mind if it's forgotten. But a lot of you did remember and so I wanted to say THANKS! I was delightfully surprised by some of the people who remembered and it was really fun to get messages all day. Thanks, friends and family! You made the big day be just a little more special!

Aaron was great - he gave me just what I wanted for my birthday (and mind you, it's not what's in the parentheses that counts): something I would never buy myself (dvds) and something he just made the decision and bought without any deliberation on my part (a family-size tent). Of course, we had to put the last one to the test right away and slept out in the backyard last night.

And Eliza gave me a gift too - loving to sleep outside just as much as I do!



9 comments:

Shafferprincess said...

Happy Birthday, Angela! Glad you had a good day!

Renee Shaffer

Melanie said...

Angela, Angela, Angela,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I miss your stinkin guts and wish I could have seen you yesterday. I am glad to hear it was a good one.

Peggy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a good day. I love it when birthdays go that way. Take care. Your little girl sure had some cute smiles in the pictures!

The Merkleys said...

Happy Birthday! I was seriously thinking of you that day. And I just totally spaced writing you the email I meant to. Sounds and Looks like it was a great one! What a cute little girl you have!

Nathan said...

So yesterday I kept looking at my calender thinking, "I know today is one of my friends birthdays, I just can't think of who." So now I know, and I can wish you a happy belated birthday. You have to love the birthday gifts that have your spouse's name attached to them (big family tent). Hope this year goes great. Welcome to the 29 club.

In Good Company said...

that is so cute. Happy Birthday!

Jessica said...

That picture of you and Eliza is great! I'm glad you have a happy little tent girl!

Bow Family said...

Angela

Happy B-Day

ps:Don't take the baby to sleep in the snow.
I do remember you telling me that we should do after our mission.And i thought it is crazy.

Erika said...

She's so stinkin cute! Will she sleep in a tree in Africa with you?