Friday, March 6, 2009

A Hiking We Will Go

Lindy came down last weekend and forced us outside to enjoy the sunshine. Of course, she had to twist our rubber arms to get us to do it - and bribe us with some secret recipe trail mix. We hiked the Angel's Landing trail in Zion National Park. When I say we, I mean...


Lindy,


Eliza,


And me.
(Of course, I'm not cute enough to have just a shot of me - I have to have my trusty sidekick to make it worthwhile to look at my picture.)

We met the chipmunk for lunch, enjoyed the view and hung on to the chains for dear life. No, honestly, it wasn't that bad even though we became famous overnight just for taking Eliza to the top. She impressed all the other hikers and loved every minute of it!! She laughed the whole way up the chained section and back down again. Then she slept. After all, being that cute is hard work.







We also ventured out to do a little climbing, but our poor sore muscles and the freezing wind didn't make us want to stay very long.


Eliza could have stayed all day if we'd only let her eat the rocks. We're so mean, I know.


6 comments:

King Family said...

I am SO JEALOUS!!!! I wish that I could have been there with you three! I hope that you at least thought of me while you were out having fun...love you guys!

The Wheelers said...

That comment from the "King Family" was NOT from them...it was from me (erin). Again, love you!

Andrus Family said...

When I grow up I want to be just like you. I think if I tried to hike Angel's Landing without a baby on my back I would fall over backwards. I am so out of shape! I do love that hike though and it has been way too long! Your daughter has it good!!

Jessica said...

You sure are training her good. I can only imagine what it must be like to have a kid that holds that still and stays in her pack so well. Way to go ELIZA!!

Whit said...

Eliza is getting so big! How fun that the weather is nice enough to take her outside! We might be moving down there this summer!

Angi said...

I am so impressed. You guys inspire us.